For cleaning after concretes we recommend to use Stromme Cement and Rust Remover for cleaning, dilution ratio with water 1:1 to 1:3.
When loading concretes we recommend the crew to;
- Dry clean and remove as much as possible dust from the holds by using airdrying, brushes and scrappers.
- After dry cleaning, make a test of the concentration to be used on smaller areas. Try Stromme Cement and Rust Remover dilution ratio 1:3, 1:2 and 1:1 with fresh water to find the sufficient and most economical cleaning effect. When the desired mix is found apply the chemical solution on one side of the hold, let it work and flush down before applying the next side. Remember to first add the water in the mixing drum, then add the chemical. To have the most efficient cleaning effect, ensure to have adequate equipment for chemical application onboard. The Stromme Pump Spray Foamfor applying Stromme Cement and Rust Remover will give the most accurate and smooth layer using the stainless-steel lance. For smaller vessels up do Handy Max size the Stromme Midi Spray System can also be used.
- Apply the chemical from up to down. Let it work for 20-40 minutes depending on the amount of dirt and restudies to be removed, the temperature and humidity. At low temperatures it takes longer time for the chemical to work. Remove the chemical before it dries.
- We recommend fresh water flushing from top and downward as a final step at all areas to remove salt residues. For efficient removing the chemical and flushing down we recommend the Stromme Combi Jetor Stromme Maxi Jet.
- If there is spots of hard stains after cleaning, use a Stromme Mari-Cleanhigh pressure cleaner to remove them.
Applying Stromme Holdcoat FC in the cargo holds before loading concretes will require less cleaning chemicals and make the cleaning a lot easier.
For further guidance don’t hesitate to contact us.